Different users have access to different functions of the site. While anyone can do most things on the site, including reading and editing, admins, or sysops, can access a few additional functions.
These additional functions include:
- Deleting and undeleting pages, page histories, and uploaded files.
- Locking (protecting) a page so it cannot be edited or renamed by users without admin rights or autoconfirmed status.
- Blocking IP addresses or user names from editing, and very quick "rollback" of undesirable edits.
- Editing the interface by changing system messages and skins.
- Add groups: chatmoderator and bannedfromchat
- Revoke groups: chatmoderator and bannedfromchat
A bureaucrat can make other users into bureaucrats or administrators on their own wiki, and can also give just Rollback rights to a user.
Staff members are the people who run Wikia and have accounts. They have complete access to all wikis. You may ask them on their Community Central talk page, or with the Contact form.
Who are this wiki's administrators?Edit
If anyone creates a wiki, they automatically have administrator and bureaucrat status. They can make other users admins and/or bureaucrats, including you. A more complete list is here, but this is a list of active admins.
How do I Use Admin Powers?Edit
See the Admins' How-To Guide for a guide on using admin functions.
Becoming an AdminEdit
For a user to become an admin, a bureaucrat must make them one. There are no open requests, since we already have more than enough.
What Can't Admins Do?Edit
Administrators should not use their administrator powers to settle editing disputes. For example, locking a page on a version he or she prefers in an editing dispute that isn't vandalism. Administrator powers should be used to help keep the wiki clear of vandalism, spam, and users who make malicious edits, but not for simple disagreements between users acting in good faith. Ideally, an admin shouldn't be considered "in charge." The ideal admin is just someone who is trusted to have a few extra buttons and to use them for the benefit of the Wikia community.